SCONUL is delighted to announce that we are seeking proposals from the community. We are introducing a new strand to this year’s conference – Community Symposia. The aim of the Community Symposia is for members to engage in dialogue and develop our collective understanding of important strategic issues.
The Community Symposia will comprise three, 60 minute pro-active workshops lead by directors and address questions of strategic importance to the sector. We welcome proposals that relate to the conference topics:
- global developments on open access and restraining the cost of content
- enhancing the student experience and delivering research through partnerships
- development of the library workforce.
How to submit a Community Symposia proposal:
- Your proposal to lead a workshop should be a maximum of 500 words and outline:
- the subject of the workshops
- why the topic is of strategic importance to the community
- how you plan to structure the session to encourage dialogue and develop a shared understanding.
- Email your proposal to Ann Rossiter (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday 22 February 2019.
Key dates for the Community Symposia proposals:
- Call for proposals opens: Tuesday 22 January 2019
- Call for proposals closes: Friday 22 February 2019
- Notification of acceptance of proposal: Friday 22 March 2019
Please note: Workshop leads will be expected to register and pay for their attendance at the conference.