Part-time, 4 days per week, possibility of term-time only
The Society of College, National and University Libraries (SCONUL) represents all university libraries in the UK and Ireland, as well as national libraries and many of the UK’s colleges of higher education.
SCONUL promotes awareness of the role of academic libraries and represents their views and interests to government, regulators and other stakeholders. It helps academic libraries collaborate to deliver services efficiently, including through shared services, and to share knowledge and best practice.
SCONUL holds a number of events each year throughout the UK and Ireland.
This newly created post will provide effective assistance and support to the organisation in order to ensure that delegates have a positive experience when booking, preparing for and attending events.
- Process bookings for events
- Prepare and collate materials for events
- Attend event venues on the day to support the delivery and smooth running of events
You will need :
- To be qualified to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent
- To have experience of office/administration support
- To be able to work independently and to be able to organise and prioritise effectively
- To be proficient in the use of a variety of IT systems
- To have good interpersonal skills
- To be able to communicate effectively
- To be able to manage workloads and deal with conflicting priorities
You will receive:
- A competitive salary - £21,433-£25,215 full-time equivalent salary
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays (on a pro rata basis)
- Entry to a very good occupational pension scheme
Please download the job description/person specification for further information about the role.
To apply for this post, please send your CV and a covering letter by email to email@example.com
Closing date: 13th February 2013