An important part of SCONUL’s role is to help build leadership capacity within the sector and to support library leaders in their own leadership development. In 2016 we set up a Leadership Task and Finish Group to deliver on the objectives set out in the SCONUL Strategy 2016-19. On 2 October 2017, the Group published the outcomes of its work, including research, briefing for members and new services.
For an overview of the work and the support on offer to library leaders, please click here.
The resources on offer are tailored for different groups within the SCONUL community
The outputs from the project included the creation of a number of new services. These include
- a literature review on the challenges facing library leaders in uncertain times
- research into how library leaders are perceived by those leading their institutions
- research into how library leaders are perceived by those with experience of working overseas
- SCONUL Mentoring
- a briefing for members on coaching and mentoring
- a briefing for members on action learning sets
- action learning sets for deputies
- an experience exchange register
- a directory of leadership courses
Later in the autumn SCONUL will also be producing a 360o appraisal tool to help SCONUL members ensure their strategic alignment and readiness for change. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.