The SCONUL Library Design Awards showcases and celebrates the very best in recent academic library design in the UK and Ireland. There are two catagories of award:
- Small (under 2,000 square metres)
- Medium/large (2,000 square metres or greater)
We received fifteen high calibre submissions to the awards and the judging panel found the decision making and short listing process hard. After careful consideration the judges were delighted to short list the following seven libraries for the awards.
Medium/ large library category
Small library category
Please follow the links below to discover more about the short listed libraries.
The winners of both categories will be unveiled at the Library Design Awards event on Tuesday 26th November 2019 at the Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds.
The selection criteria for the awards concentrates on three broad themes: Strategic alignment, design, and transformation. The short listed libraries illustrated clearly:
- How the development contributed to the strategy of the institution
- How the buidling design helped articulate the vision for development of the library service
- How stakeholders and users contributed to the development
- How the design meet the objectives of the development
- How the building design enabled innovation and facilitated service redesign
- How the development supports its stakeholders and users in achieving their objectives