SCONUL’s Strategy 2016-2019: Collaborating for Change outlines six programmes of work on which the organisation will focus its energies during 2016-19. Those are:
- Vision for the development of the academic library and librarian
- A national digital library for UK higher education
- Programme of leadership capacity building across the sector
- Strategic workforce planning for the sector
- Campaign on the cost of content
- Advocacy based on the programmes above
To deliver this work, we have established a number of strategic groups:
- Collaboration Strategy Group
- Content Strategy Group
- Communications Advisory Group
- Leadership Task & Finish Group (Completed)
- Transformation Strategy Group
- Workforce Development Task and Finish Group
The strategy was developed in close consultation with members. The results of an initial survey identifying members’ strategic priorities can be found here, and a summary of a meeting which brought together Strategy Group members to further develop those ideas is available here.
With CILIP, we jointly convene a Health and Social Care Strategy Group which brings together representatives form informaiton professionals in the health sector to respond to consultations and share and disseminate information.